Snapshot of food delivery apps in Philippines
Rakuten Insight Global surveyed 16,400 consumers 16+ y.o. across Philippines in June 2020 to get a glimpse of existing food delivery apps. The research conducted reveals that COVID-19 led to more usage of food delivery apps.
Society rules, as well as family rules, led to increase in orders through food delivery apps for men & women. On the other side, time at home and economic impact are main reasons for the decrease in the no. of orders.
Some key findings from the report include:
- Almost ¼ of food delivery apps users order once or twice a week, while 1 in 5 respondents stated they order less than once per month
- Lunch (50%) most popular mealtime for ordering food from food delivery apps.
- Fast foods by far the most popular food ordered from apps with most people (87%) having ordered fast food
- Majority of food (66%) ordered is less that 900 Php
- GrabFood (65%) & Food Panda (60%) are the leading food delivery apps
- Consistent with other findings, some habits formed in the pandemic such as ordering food deliveries online (89%) set to continue
And please reach out to us with any questions we can help get answered for you!
Related articles: Next Normal to Future Normal Report