Parcelmonitor.com: What do consumers really think about collection points?
To find out what delivery method consumers preferred in Southeast Asia and why, Parcel Monitor partnered with Rakuten Insight Global who surveyed approximately 85,000 consumers from China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, South Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, and Vietnam.
Here are some of the key findings:
Which countries have the widest adoption of collection points in Asia?
1. 62% of Chinese consumers have used collection points more than 5 times in the past year. Only 5% of respondents indicated that they did not use a collection point at all.
2. Almost half of Singaporean consumers have used collection points more than once in the past year (48%). This is the highest in Southeast Asia, but nevertheless lower than China (85%).
3. More than half of Thai consumers have not used collection points in the past year (53%). This is the highest percentage out of all countries surveyed.
What are the reasons why consumers will use collection points in SEA?
1. Filipino consumers care highly about the availability of delivery options when ordering online (76%), followed by Malaysian consumers at 50%.
2. Most consumers in Southeast Asia selected “Convenience” as the top reason that will motivate them to use collection points, except in Indonesia where “Speed” and “Cost of Delivery” are bigger reasons to shift.
3. “Cost” was a more compelling reason for Vietnamese consumers.